Pages

COS

I first discovered COS on a trip to Paris a few years back; I thought I had stumbled across some chic Parisian boutique and snapped up several pieces before returning to London to tell all of my friends. I was quickly told that COS (Collection of Style) was in fact owned by H&M and has several stores in London including the flagship on Regent Street. “H&M!” I said, “No, surely not!” I was shocked at how a company that sells clothing for less than the price of a good coffee could possibly be responsible for such stylish and well made goods. But yes it is true and I am glad because now I don’t need to go to Paris to update my wardrobe each season. 

I am not made for high street shopping, fact. I don’t say that because I am a snob, I understand the place for fast fashion, I just struggle to spend my money (however little it may be) on something that will fall apart after one wash or that I will see five other people wearing on my journey into the office. COS however is a different story. Here is a brand set apart from the rest by offering a design driven product that is focused on quality. 


The COS design team focus on creating reinvented classics, wardrobe essentials and timeless designs that are made to last beyond the season. High quality fabrics, finish and fit set the brand at a designer level with high street prices. New stock arrives regularly which means there is always something new, and always something on sale. 

Like many designer stores (and unlike other high-street stores) floor space is used to create relaxation zones, with chairs and magazines it is a place to rest and take your time, customers feel welcome to linger in the store and more importantly want to stay in the store as opposed to the run-in-run-out feeling of say Zara or Topshop. Scandinavian design is noticeable in all stores with natural colours and modern features which reflect the clothes on the rails. Small rooms are created for different ranges within the store by the use of rails rather than walls, creating a more intimate feeling but keeping a lightness to the stores.

 
Online, their website can be hard to navigate as it functions more like a blog but with the promise of an online store in the making I am waiting patiently until goods are simply a click away. 

* As I write this I happen to be wearing one of the sweaters I bought on my first visit to COS in Paris (in 2009). Not only am I wearing it four seasons later, it still looks as good as the day I bought it.   

COS (FLAGSHIP STORE)
 
222 Regent Street
W1B 5BD
London
United Kingdom

Mon-Wed: 10am - 8pm
Thurs: 10am - 9pm
Fri-Sat: 10am - 8pm
Sun: 12 noon - 6pm

Store enquiries: +44 207 478 0400

Check the website for full store listing:

http://www.cosstores.com/